- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2/3 cup organic sugar
- Vegan egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cup with liner or lightly grease with a little cooking spray. Add in the Vegan egg or substitute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. In a small bowl mix together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Combine the bowls and add in the flax egg. Measure out the plant-based milk and add the lemon juice. Let sit for 1 minute and then add in to the mix. Finally add in the vanilla and stir until everything is combined.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full, roughly 2 heaping teaspoons worth. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing the cupcakes to place a wire rack to cool further. Enjoy!
A formatted PDF version with all the information about vegan egg and buttermilk on a single page.