Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are made with peanut butter, in my case homemade simply peanuts blended into peanut butter, and plant-based milk, with my choice being homemade oatmilk. Feel free to give this a whirl and I guarantee that as long as you don’t let these burn, they will be amazing!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields 24 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 6 tbs plant-based milk*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda**
- 1 tsp salt
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- spoon for mixing
- oil for greasing baking sheet, parchment or cooking mat
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter and sugar; mixing until creamy. Stir in the plant-based milk and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing to combine. Hand mix, as the process may become tough to stir.
- Scoop the dough into balls. I found a tbsp measuring spoon to be a good way to do this, but a table spoon should work as well. Place the balls with a few inches of space between and flatten in a crisscross pattern to flatten.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F or around 175 degrees C) for 10-13 minutes (13 minutes seems to be about perfect here). Allow to cool on sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
* use your favorite plant-based milk. I used oatmilk myself, as it’s what I primarily make at home with oats and water.
** baking powder will also work, if you don’t have baking soda