Parmesan cheese on pasta is something I loved pre-vegan, so when I discovered how easy it is to put together vegan Parmesan cheese, I decided I needed to share the recipe. Whether you use cashews or sunflower seeds, this recipe is gluten free.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields 1 Cup
- 1/2 cup cashews or unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients together until it’s the consistency of Parmesan cheese and place in an airtight container, such as a canning jar (or a reclaimed jar for zero waste).
- While great on pasta, this can also be used as an amazing cheesy topping on popcorn or rice cakes.
- Rehashing of recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese over at https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-vegan-parmesan-cheese/
Sincerely Nuts Sunflower Seed Kernels Raw (No Shell) (5lb bag) [Affiliate Link]
Sincerely Nuts Whole Cashews Roasted and Unsalted (2lb bag) [Affiliate Link]