While there are frozen Vegan pizza options for at home cooking, I personally prefer to make the dough from scratch. It’s only 6 ingredients that I keep in my kitchen, so why not. Typcially I use homemade pizza sauce, made with chopped tomatoes sweated down. I also love being able to use my own choice of toppings.
Pizza Topping Ideas
- Tomato sauce or vegan alfredo sauce
- Whole kernel corn
- diced bell peppers
- diced onion (white, red, or green)
- sliced mushrooms
- sliced zucchini / green squash
- sliced plant-based sausage
- tofu pepperoni
- pineapple (controversial, but I say yes)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp organic sugar
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- pizza pan or pizza stone
- In the mixing bowl combine the yeast, water and sugar. Allow to sit for around 10 minutes to become creamy. Stir in flour, salt & oil. combine until dough forms, using extra flour to ensure dough is not too sticky. Let rest for 5 minutes in bowl with a towel covering.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove the dough and cut into desired pieces (2 for 16 inch crust, 4 for 12 inch crust). Roll out the dough and place on lightly oiled pizza pan. If using a pizza stone, you will want to preheat the stone before using for pizza.
- Add desired topping and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow pizza to cool slightly before eating.